Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life

Hadith - Warning Against the Dajjal

This is a discussion on Hadith - Warning Against the Dajjal within the Tafsir and Sciences of Hadith forums, part of the Islamic Library category; Could someone here at the forum please help me find the arabic text and exact book and number of this hadith, JazakAllahu khayr... A Hadith ...

As-Salamu 'Alaykum (Peace be upon you)! Welcome to the Islamic-Life Forums

Islamic-Life Forums is a Muslim community dedicated to Islamic discussions, Islamic Dawah, Islamic articles, Islamic responses/refutations to Islamic misconceptions and Islamic-Life Forums presents correct understanding of Islamic way of life to both Muslims and Non-Muslims. You can also download free Islamic books, Islamic video and audio lectures, Islamic nasheeds. To gain full access to Islamic-Life Forums you must register for a free account. As a register member you will be able to:
  • Participate in discussions, start new topics and vote in polls
  • communicate privately with other members (PM)
  • upload books, nasheeds, pictures, videos etc. and help Islamic-Life staff with their Islamic projects
All this and much more is available to you absolutely for free when you register for an account, so join our community today! If you are unfamiliar with forums' features or a new visitor then find answers to your questions in our FAQ. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life
Go Back   Islamic-Life Forums > Islamic Library > Tafsir and Sciences of Hadith

Tags
hadith dajjal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Miserable Slave

Way of life: Muslim
Default Hadith - Warning Against the Dajjal

Could someone here at the forum please help me find the arabic text and exact book and number of this hadith, JazakAllahu khayr...

A Hadith Narrated From Abu Umamah Al-Bahili

Abu Umamah al-Bahili said, "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) delivered a speech to us, most of which dealt with the Dajjal and warned us against him. He said, 'No tribulation on earth since the creation of Adam will be worse than the tribulation of the Dajjal. Allah has never sent a Prophet who did not warn his Ummah against the Dajjal. I am the last of the Prophets, and you are the last Ummah. The Dajjal is emerging among you and it is inevitable. If he appears while I am still among you, I will contend with him on behalf of every Muslim. But if he appears after I am gone, then every person must contend with him on his own behalf. He will appear on the way between Syria and Iraq, and will spread disaster right and left. O servants of Allah adhere to the path of Truth. I shall describe him for you in a way that no Prophet has ever done before. He will start by saying that he is a Prophet, but there will be no Prophet after me. Then he will say, "I am your Lord," but you will never see your Lord until you die.

The Dajjal is one-eyed, but your Lord, glorified be He, is not one-eyed. On his forehead will be written the word Kafir, which every Muslim, literate or illiterate, will be able to read. Among the tr he will bring will be the Paradise and Hell he will offer; but that which he calls Hell will be Paradise, and that which he calls Paradise will be Hell. Whoever enters his Hell, let him seek refuge with Allah and recite the opening Ayat of Surat al-Kahf, and it will become cool and peaceful for him, as the fire became cool and peaceful for Abraham.

He will say to a Bedouin, What do you think if I bring your father and mother back to life for you? Will you bear witness that I am your lord? The Bedouin will say Yes, so two devils will assume the appearance of his father and mother, and will say, "O my son, follow him for he is your lord."

He will be given power over one person, whom he will kill and cut in two with a saw. Then he will say, 'Look at this slave of mine, now I will resurrect him, but he will still claim that he has a Lord other than me. Allah will resurrect him, and this evil man (the Dajjal) will say to him, 'Who is your Lord?’ The man will answer, 'My Lord is Allah, and you are the enemy of Allah. You are the Dajjal. By Allah, I have never been more sure of this than I am today.’

Abu Said said, "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, 'That man will have the highest status among my Ummah in Paradise."

Abu Said said, "By Allah, we never thought that that man would be any other than 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, until he passed away."

Al-Muharibi said: "Then we referred to the Hadith of Abu Rafii, which said, 'Part of his Fitnah will be the fact that he will pass through an area whose people will deny him, and none of their livestock will remain alive. Then he will pass through a second area whose people will believen him; he will order the sky to rain and the earth to bring forth crops, and their flocks will return from grazing fatter than they have ever been, with their flanks stretched, their udders full. He will pass through every place on earth - except Makkah and Madinah, which he will never enter, for there are angels guarding every gate of them with unsheathed swords - until he reaches al-Zarib al-Ahmar and camps at the edge of the salt-marsh. Madinah will be shaken by three tremors, after which every Munafiq (hypocrite) will leave it, and it will be cleansed of evil, as iron is cleansed of dross. That day will be called Yawm al-Khalas (The Day of Purification)."

Umm Sharik bint Abil-Akr said, "O Messenger of Allah, where will the Arabs be at that time?" He said, "At that time they will be few; most of them will be in Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem), and their Imam will be a righteous man. Whilst their Imam is going forward to lead the people in praying Salat al-Subh (the morning prayer), Jesus son of Mary will descend. The Imam will step back, to let Jesus lead the people in prayer, but Jesus will place his hand between the mans shoulders and say, 'Go forward and lead the prayer, for the Iqamah was made for you. So the Imam will lead the people in prayer, and afterwards Jesus (alayhe salam) will say, 'Open the gate. The gate will be opened, and behind it will be the Dajjal and a thousand Jews, each of them bearing a sword and shield. When the Dajjal sees Jesus, he will begin to dissolve like salt in water, and will run away.

Jesus will say, 'You will remain alive until I strike you with my sword. He will catch up with him at the eastern gate of Ludd[1] and will kill him. The Jews will be deflated with the help of Allah. There will be no place for them to hide; they will not be able to hide behind any stone, wall, animal or tree - except the boxthorn (al-Gharqarah) - without saying, 'O Muslim servant of Allah! here is a Jew, come and kill him!"

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "The time of the Dajjal will be forty years; one year like half a year, one year like a month, and one month like a week. The rest of his days will pass so quickly that if one of you were at one of the gates of Madinah, he would not reach the other gate before evening fell."

Someone asked, "O Messenger of Allah, how will we pray in those shorter days?" He said, "Work out the times of prayer in the same way that you do in these longer days, and then pray." The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "Jesus son of Mary will be a just administrator and leader of my Ummah. He will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizyah (tax on non-Muslims). He will not collect the Sadaqah,[2] so he will not collect sheep and camels. Mutual enmity and hatred will disappear. Every harmful animal will be made harmless, so that a small boy will be able to put his hand into a snakes mouth without being harmed, a small girl will be able to make a lion run away from her, and a wolf will go among sheep as if he were a sheepdog. The earth will be filled with peace as a container is filled with water. People will be in complete agreement, and only Allah will be worshipped. Wars will cease, and the authority of Quraysh will be taken away. The earth will be like a silver basin, and will produce fruits so abundantly that a group of people will gather to eat a bunch of grapes or one pomegranate and will be satisfied. A bull will be worth so much money, but a horse will be worth only a few dirhams."

Someone asked, "O Messenger of Allah, why will a horse be so cheap?" He said, "Because it will never be ridden in war." He was asked, "Why will the bull be so expensive?" He said, "Because it will plough the earth. For three years before the Dajjal emerges, the people will suffer severe hunger. In the first year, Allah will order the sky to withhold a third of its rain, and the earth to withhold two-thirds of its fruits. In the third year, He will order the sky to withhold all of its rain, and the earth to withhold all of its fruits, so that nothing green will grow. Every cloven-hoofed creature will die except for whatever Allah wills." Someone asked, "How will the people live at that time?" He said, "By saying La ilaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, Subhan Allah and Al-Hamdu-lillah. This will be like food for them."

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "The Dajjal will come forth, and one of the Believers will go towards him. The armed men of the Dajjal will ask him, 'Where are you going? He will say, 'I am going to this one who has come forth. They will say, 'Kill him!’ Then some of them will say to the others, 'Hasnt your lord [ie the Dajjal] forbidden you to kill anyone without his permission?’ So they will take him to the Dajjal, and when the Believer sees him, he will say, 'O People, this is the Dajjal whom the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) told us about. Then the Dajjal will order them to seize him and wound him in the head; they will inflict blows all over, even in his back and stomach. The Dajjal will ask him, 'Dont you believe in me?’ He will say, 'You are a false Messiah.’ The Dajjal will order that he be sawn in two from the parting of his hair to his legs; then he will walk between the two pieces. Then he will say 'Stand! and the man will stand up. The Dajjal will say to him, 'Dont you believe in me?’ The believer will say, 'It has only increased my understanding that you are the Dajjal.’ Then he will say, 'O people! He will not treat anyone else in such a manner after me.’ The Dajjal will seize him to slaughter him, but the space between his neck and collar-bone will be turned into copper, and the Dajjal will not be able to do anything to him. He will take the man by his arms and legs and throw him away; the people will believe that he has been thrown into Hell, whereas in fact he will have been thrown into Paradise." The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "He will be the greatest of martyrs in the sight of Allah, the Lord of the Worlds." (Muslim).

Last edited by salman; 09-27-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: formatted

#ADS  
Ads

Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Miserable Slave

Default Re: Hadith - Warning Against the Dajjal

Assalamu Aleykum ww

Also if someone could explain this part of these hadiths regarding the time/days of the dajjal.

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "The time of the Dajjal will be forty years; one year like half a year, one year like a month, and one month like a week. The rest of his days will pass so quickly that if one of you were at one of the gates of Madinah, he would not reach the other gate before evening fell.
"

And then there is a hadith that says:

“Narrated al-Nawwas ibn Sam'an: ….We said: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him), how long will he stay on Earth? He said: For forty days, one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week, and the rest of the days will be like your days….”(Sahih, Muslim; Sunan, Tirmidh)

Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Proud Islamist

akhee, the ahadith are to be understood as they say, meaning upon their dhahir (apparent) meaning, which is literal in this case. What kind of tafsir/explanation are you looking for?

The Prophet sal-allahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE, Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE." [Relayed by Imam of Ahlus Sunnah - Ahmad ibn Hanbal - rahimahullah]
Old 04-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Jazakallahu khairan. Thank you very much brother, this was very beneficial.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 PM

Jazakallahu khairan. Thank you very much brother, this was very beneficial.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:00 PM

Abu Hurayrah said, "The Prophet said, 'Shall I tell you something about the Dajjal which no Prophet has ever told his people before me? The Dajjal is one-eyed and will bring with him something which will resemble Paradise and Hell; but that which he calls Paradise will in fact be Hell. I warn you against him as Noah warned his people against him.'" (al-Bukhari, Muslim)

Islamic Teacher l Courses l Learn Quran

Last edited by hasena; 02-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.