Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life

Why Alcohol Should be Banned Completely

This is a discussion on Why Alcohol Should be Banned Completely within the Anti-Islamic Refutations forums, part of the iDawah Refutations Discussion category; Alcohol: The Devil's Deadly Disease by Ben Adam In the year 988 CE, Prince Vladimir, sovereign leader of Kievan Russia, opted for Orthodox Christianity as ...

As-Salamu 'Alaykum (Peace be upon you)! Welcome to the Islamic-Life Forums

Islamic-Life Forums is a Muslim community dedicated to Islamic discussions, Islamic Dawah, Islamic articles, Islamic responses/refutations to Islamic misconceptions and Islamic-Life Forums presents correct understanding of Islamic way of life to both Muslims and Non-Muslims. You can also download free Islamic books, Islamic video and audio lectures, Islamic nasheeds. To gain full access to Islamic-Life Forums you must register for a free account. As a register member you will be able to:
  • Participate in discussions, start new topics and vote in polls
  • communicate privately with other members (PM)
  • upload books, nasheeds, pictures, videos etc. and help Islamic-Life staff with their Islamic projects
All this and much more is available to you absolutely for free when you register for an account, so join our community today! If you are unfamiliar with forums' features or a new visitor then find answers to your questions in our FAQ. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life
Go Back   Islamic-Life Forums > iDawah Refutations Discussion > Anti-Islamic Refutations

Tags
banning alcohol

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Co-Administrator

Way of life: Muslim
Default Why Alcohol Should be Banned Completely

Alcohol: The Devil's Deadly Disease

by

Ben Adam

In the year 988 CE, Prince Vladimir, sovereign leader of Kievan Russia, opted for Orthodox Christianity as his state religion. Legend says his ambassadors were much more impressed with the gold and grandeur of Byzantine's cathedrals, especially Constantinople's Church of Santa Sophia (now Istanbul's Mosque of Haya Sofiya) than they were with the simple and austere d?r of the Islamic houses of worship (i.e. the mosques) in nearby Volga Bulgaria. But another, more telling reason for the Russian Prince's favoring Christianity over Islam was, so the chroniclers tell us, the Russians' love of alcohol. The Muslims' absolute abstention from liquor was a sacrifice too far for Vladimir's countrymen to make. Alas, it would appear that their insatiable thirst for a "good" drink, particularly vodka, has plagued the Russian nation ever since.

According to a report published in the year 2000 [1], a staggering two thirds of Russian men die drunk and more than half of that number die in extreme stages of alcoholic intoxication.

Continue the rest here http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/al...e__by_ben_adam

#ADS  
Ads

Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Why Alcohol Should be Banned Completely

Topic about alcohol is haram or halal had became debates many times.

One part said alcohol is absolutely haram.

Another party said only specific kind of alcohol is haram.
Kham'r (alcoholic beverages) is a kind of haram alcohol. But other kinds of alcohol that used for fuel or for industrial necessities is not haram, as long as Muslim doesn't drink this 'not haram' alcohol.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 PM
protectedpearls.com

^like many perfumes and sterilizers do contain Alcohol on its ingredients. As for the part who said that its absolutely haram, they proved the fatwa from the verse at Surah Al Ma'edah:90 which says: "O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed." that its forbidden came from its un-purity or najasah in Arabic (which translated in the Aayah as infamy), so putting on perfumes that contain Najasahs is haram so its not only the affect that it cause to the mind but only its un-purity...waAllahu A'alam

read more Here.....sorry the page is in Arabic I tried to summarized it in the above explanation.

Follow us on:
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook
Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 AM

Alcohol for drinking is absolutely haram.

However, according to Ulama in my place, other kinds of alcohol that not for used in body is halal. In example, alcohol based fuel for car or stove, or some cleaner that contain alcohol.

And about alcohol that used on body like in perfume or cosmetics, these are two different opinions. One say haram, another say makrooh. And no one say absolutely halal. But all Ulama agree, ummah must avoid use alcohol on body.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Proud Islamist

Have a look at these, insha'Allah:
Cosmetic products that contain alcohol
Mouthwashes containing alcohol
Medicine containing alcohol
Ruling on perfumes containing alcohol
Buying alcohol for fuel
I will double check the issue of using alcohol for fuel, cleaners, etc. and Allah knows best

The Prophet sal-allahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE, Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE." [Relayed by Imam of Ahlus Sunnah - Ahmad ibn Hanbal - rahimahullah]
Old 11-26-2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the links, akhee. But honestly, that's confused me.

I avoid use mouthwash that contains alcohol because I thought that haram. But in that link I read that is halal because not intoxicating.
And I often use spirit stove because I thought that is halal, but in that link I read alcohol fuel is haram.

By the way, thanks for your reply. Jazak allah khair.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 AM

Salam

I would prefer to be an alcoholic muslim rather than a non-muslim, in any case.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Co-Administrator

Selam aleykum
Quote:
Buying alcohol for fuel
Is it permissible to buy alcohol (which is an intoxicant) to use it in a manner which will destroy it, such as using it for fuel (e.g., methylated spirits etc.) or for some manufacturing processes? Is it permissible to sell it to someone who one is certain will use it for such purposes?

Praise be to Allaah. Selling alcohol or any other intoxicant is haraam, and anyone who has any such thing in his possession has to destroy it and not sell it, because of the general meaning of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):
“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression”[al-Maa'idah 5:2]
Seriously? Bio-ethanol which is used for fuel isn't even drinkable. I dunno know, the more fatwa's I read from Q&A the more suspicious I get of their reliability.

On another note though, the production of bio-ethanol out of produce takes from our food-production and is said to have contribute to recent food-shortages in 3rd world countries. Sure it's a cleaner source of energy to run your car on, but at the expense of someone's dinner.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 AM
salafist, oh yeah, islamist too

usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul-Fattah View Post
Selam aleykum

Seriously? Bio-ethanol which is used for fuel isn't even drinkable. I dunno know, the more fatwa's I read from Q&A the more suspicious I get of their reliability.

On another note though, the production of bio-ethanol out of produce takes from our food-production and is said to have contribute to recent food-shortages in 3rd world countries. Sure it's a cleaner source of energy to run your car on, but at the expense of someone's dinner.
1. while i half way agree with your sentitment on QnA, I don;t see where your speech on bio-ethenal has to do with the material you quoted.
2. bio ethanol may be cleanrer or not, but there are two major problems with it

a. it takes over a gallon of fuel in order for us to utilize one gallon of ethanol. In other words we are using more energy than we are getting out of it over this product

b. just as you said, the use of bio-ethanol comes from corn. When the government legislated the mandatory use of ehtanol, the world market for flour, rice, and chicken, among other things sky rocketed.

I remember a company who use to get a 50 pound bag of flour for 9 dollars all of a sudden had to pay 25 dollars for the same amount. the same with rice when it almost doubled. I think both us and the countries less technologically advanced suffered from this most stupid economic move of the decade (or one of the most stupid).

secondly, this move was based on a mirage, the scam of global warming

Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul-Fattah View Post
Selam aleykum

Akhee, I don't see anything wrong with that quoted fatwa. But I see a misunderstanding between the questioner and the scholar in IslamQA. It was happened because the questioner didn't explained if he asked about alcohol based fuel. I guess, the scholar assumed the questioner asked about buying alcohol beverages then burn it or use it for something. I think if the questioner asked in detail, I mean he explained what is bio-ethanol and can he uses it as fuel for motorized vehicle, the answer maybe different.

In my place, the popular alcohol fuel is 'blue spirit'. It is halal because it is considered as fuel not alcohol. And, no one drinks 'blue spirit' because it has colored blue and dangerous to consume by human.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardianto For This Useful Post: