Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life

Hazrat Isa (AS) dead or alive?

This is a discussion on Hazrat Isa (AS) dead or alive? within the Tafsir and Sciences of the Qur'an forums, part of the Islamic Library category; : Whats your take on Hazrat Isa(AS) ascension ? is he physically alive or dead? Please explain your answer based on Quran and hadith. Thank ...

As-Salamu 'Alaykum (Peace be upon you)! Welcome to the Islamic-Life Forums

Islamic-Life Forums is a Muslim community dedicated to Islamic discussions, Islamic Dawah, Islamic articles, Islamic responses/refutations to Islamic misconceptions and Islamic-Life Forums presents correct understanding of Islamic way of life to both Muslims and Non-Muslims. You can also download free Islamic books, Islamic video and audio lectures, Islamic nasheeds. To gain full access to Islamic-Life Forums you must register for a free account. As a register member you will be able to:
  • Participate in discussions, start new topics and vote in polls
  • communicate privately with other members (PM)
  • upload books, nasheeds, pictures, videos etc. and help Islamic-Life staff with their Islamic projects
All this and much more is available to you absolutely for free when you register for an account, so join our community today! If you are unfamiliar with forums' features or a new visitor then find answers to your questions in our FAQ. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life
Go Back   Islamic-Life Forums > Islamic Library > Tafsir and Sciences of the Qur'an

Tags
hazrat isa

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 AM

Way of life: Muslim
Default Hazrat Isa (AS) dead or alive?

: Whats your take on Hazrat Isa(AS) ascension ? is he physically alive or dead? Please explain your answer based on Quran and hadith. Thank you.

#ADS  
Ads

Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
slave of Allah

Default Re: Hazrat Isa (AS) dead or alive?

Bismellah ...

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Allaah said: ‘O Eesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that ‘Eesa (Jesus) is Allaah’s son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (monotheists, who worship none but Allaah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the oneness of Allaah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, or in His Holy Books] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute.”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:55]

Ibn Jareer, may Allaah have mercy on him, explained that the word “mutawaffeeka” [which usually refers to death and is translated here as “raise” – Translator] refers to his being taken up, but most of the scholars said that the meaning here is sleep, as Allaah says elsewhere in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is He, Who takes your souls [yatawaffaakum] by night (when you are asleep)…”[al-An’aam 6:60]

“It is Allaah Who takes away [yatawaffaa] the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep…”[al-Zumar 39:42]

When he got up from sleeping, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would say, “Al-hamdu Lillaah illadhi ahyaanaa ba’da maa amaatanaa wa ilayh il-nushoor (Praise be to Allaah Who has brought us back to life after causing us to die, and unto Him is the resurrection).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6312; Muslim, 2711)

Allaah’s statement that He raised Jesus up to heaven is also a refutation of the Jews’ claim to have killed him. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the aayat (signs) of Allaah, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying, ‘Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e., we do not understand what the Messengers say)’ – nay, Allaah has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little.

And because of their (Jews’) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary) a grave false charge (that she had committed illegal sexual intercourse);

And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah’ – but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e., ‘Eesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary)].

But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.

And there is none of the People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him [‘Eesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allaah and a human being], before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he [‘Eesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them.”[al-Nisa’ 4:155-159]

Jesus (peace be upon him) has not died yet; Allaah raised him up unto Himself because the Jews wanted to kill him, and he will descend again at the end of time and rule the earth according to Islam. He will live for as long as Allaah wants him to, then he will die and the Muslims will pray [the janaazah or funeral prayer] for him. Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The pronoun in the phrase before his death refers to Jesus (peace be upon him), i.e., there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in Jesus – that is when he comes back down to the earth before the Day of Resurrection, as we will explain below. At that time all of the People of the Book will believe in him because he will abolish the jizyah and will accept nothing but Islam…

The aayah (interpretation of the meaning)

“and [I will] clear you of those who disbelieve” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:55] means “by raising you up to heaven” and “I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection” is what did indeed happen. When Allaah took the Messiah (peace be upon him) up into heaven, his followers split into different groups. Some of them believed in what Allaah had sent him with, that he was a slave and messenger of Allaah, the son of His female slave. Some of them exaggerated about him and made him the son of God, and others said that he was God, or that he was the third of three (trinity). Allaah described what they said in the Qur’aan, and refuted all of them. They continued like that for nearly three hundred years, then one of the Greek kings called Constantine came along and entered the Christian religion. It was said that this was a plot to corrupt the religion, that he was a philosopher, or that he was ignorant. Whatever the case, he changed and distorted the religion of the Messiah, adding things and taking things away. It was at the time of Constantine that pork was permitted and they began to pray towards the East; they made images in their churches, shrines and monasteries, and added ten days to their fasting because of a sin that he had committed, as they claim. The religion of the Messiah became the religion of Constantine. He built more than twelve thousand churches, shrines and monasteries for them, and the city that bore his name [Constantinople – now Istanbul]. A sect of Christians followed him and they prevailed over the Jews with the help of Allaah, because they were closer to the truth, even though all of them were kaafirs – may the curse of Allaah be upon them all! When Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), some of those who believed in him believed truly in Allaah, His angels, His Books and His Messengers, so they were followers of every Prophet who had ever lived on earth. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Islam Question and Answer - Did Jesus come back down to earth after he was taken up, or not?

"قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ"

"Verily, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn"
Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 PM

so Hazrat Isa (AS) is alive in heavens ? do you believe Hazrat Isa (AS) as a normal human being just like us ?? it is proven by these two verses that Hazrat Isa (AS) was a human being who used to walk in the streets.. in Quran it says..

21:08 (09 for some).. "And We did not give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they to live for ever"

25:21 ( 20 for some )..And We never sent any Messengers before thee but surely they ate food and walked in the streets. And We make some of you a trial for others. Will you then be steadfast? And thy Lord is All- Seeing.

and then Quran says :

5:75(76 for some) The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; surely, Messengers like unto him had indeed passed away before him. And his mother was a truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the Signs for their good, and see how they are turned away.

in the last verse, it says.. Jesus (AS) and Mary both USED to eat food.. that means they no longer do.

Please explain..
Old 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Proud Islamist

^Mr. Popat, I will make things easier for you

1 - can you bring a single scholar from Islamic history before Mirza appeared who agreed with you? because we do not buy awam's interpretations of the Qur'an. You are not a scholar or student of knowledge and therefore people like you and us are obliged to ask people of knowledge. So when you quote us the ayaat then do not forget to quote the tafsir by early scholars.

Make sure when you bring the scholars' statement you also quote the original Arabic with reference. And if something is attributed to a scholar then bring the isnaad for it.

2 - there is an ijmaa' on this issue and going against ijmaa means you got it all wrong, specially an opinion which never existed in 1300 years of Islamic history

3 - quote the ayaat in the context

4 - Make sure that your purpose is to learn and not ongoing useless debate because that will be allowed only to a certain extent

The Prophet sal-allahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE, Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE." [Relayed by Imam of Ahlus Sunnah - Ahmad ibn Hanbal - rahimahullah]
Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amat Allah View Post
Bismellah ...

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Allaah said: ‘O Eesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that ‘Eesa (Jesus) is Allaah’s son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (monotheists, who worship none but Allaah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the oneness of Allaah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, or in His Holy Books] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute.”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:55]

Ibn Jareer, may Allaah have mercy on him, explained that the word “mutawaffeeka” [which usually refers to death and is translated here as “raise” – Translator] refers to his being taken up, but most of the scholars said that the meaning here is sleep, as Allaah says elsewhere in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is He, Who takes your souls [yatawaffaakum] by night (when you are asleep)…”[al-An’aam 6:60]

“It is Allaah Who takes away [yatawaffaa] the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep…”[al-Zumar 39:42]

“Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the aayat (signs) of Allaah, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying, ‘Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e., we do not understand what the Messengers say)’ – nay, Allaah has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little.

And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah’ – but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e., ‘Eesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary)].
This does raise a few questions.. in the last verse... Allah says that Jews did not kill Jesus (AS) , nor did they crucify him. So it is clear that Jews didnt kill nor crucify him.. so whats the other option left?.. if someone is not killed by a jew or crucified , does it mean they are taken up alive?.. the only option left is death. Also, in that verse, you added " Jusus (AS) was put over another man ".. this is an addition by you but its not in Quran.

the word 'tawaafi' is used so many times in Quran, but it is not to be taken by any other meaning but death.. for example.. in Surah Al-baqra verse 235, Surah Al-araf verse 127.. surah al-yusaf verse 102.. just to name a few.. meaning of tawaafi in these verses cannot be taken as raised up alive or to sleep.. but death.. if tawaafi usually means death .. why shud it be taken differently in case of Jesus (AS)?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman View Post
^Mr. Popat, I will make things easier for you

1 - can you bring a single scholar from Islamic history before Mirza appeared who agreed with you? because we do not buy awam's interpretations of the Qur'an. You are not a scholar or student of knowledge and therefore people like you and us are obliged to ask people of knowledge. So when you quote us the ayaat then do not forget to quote the tafsir by early scholars.

Make sure when you bring the scholars' statement you also quote the original Arabic with reference. And if something is attributed to a scholar then bring the isnaad for it.

2 - there is an ijmaa' on this issue and going against ijmaa means you got it all wrong, specially an opinion which never existed in 1300 years of Islamic history

3 - quote the ayaat in the context

4 - Make sure that your purpose is to learn and not ongoing useless debate because that will be allowed only to a certain extent
Sorry but it doesnt make sense. Ijmaa of scholars does not necessarily mean they are the rightous ones. Theres a difference in ijmaa of scholars who gave their opinions and someone who was divinely guided. Anyhow.. this is not the debate here.. the question here is if you can prove Jesus (AS) to be alive in heavens bodily through any Quranic reference.. ijmaa of scholars must have taken place because they agreed upon something from Quran that he was taken up alive.. may i please know the evidence from Quran to which all the scholars agreed upon?

Scholars are not divinely guided. Whatever they say is their opinion and not the final verdict. There was a famous ijmaa of sahaaba karaam when Hazrat Umar (RA) refused to accept Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH)'s death and said that whoever bring this news to him, he will kill him.. and then Hazrat Abu bakr(ra) stood up and said that Muhammad PBUH was just a messenger and messengers before him have passed away..Hazrat Umar (ra) is stated to not have enough power in his legs and fell down upon hearing this. Now, if there was any prophet before the holy prophet (PBUH) which was to come again, Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) should have said that.. nor did he say anything like that , neither any sahaaba had any problem accepting what he said. This was infact the first ijmaa of Ummah.

I will not bring anything from any scholar stating what their opinion is in this matter.. i will bring my arguments and you refute it based on your understanding or your ullama's understanding of the verses..

Surah Al Anam ayat 116
And if you obey most of those in the earth, they will lead you astray from Allah's way; they follow but conjecture and they only lie.

Quran is for everyone to read and understand.. just because some people agreed upon something does not make it truth.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
slave of Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Popat View Post
Sorry but it doesnt make sense. Ijmaa of scholars does not necessarily mean they are the rightous ones. Theres a difference in ijmaa of scholars who gave their opinions and someone who was divinely guided. Anyhow.. this is not the debate here.. the question here is if you can prove Jesus (AS) to be alive in heavens bodily through any Quranic reference.. ijmaa of scholars must have taken place because they agreed upon something from Quran that he was taken up alive.. may i please know the evidence from Quran to which all the scholars agreed upon?

Scholars are not divinely guided. Whatever they say is their opinion and not the final verdict. There was a famous ijmaa of sahaaba karaam when Hazrat Umar (RA) refused to accept Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH)'s death and said that whoever bring this news to him, he will kill him.. and then Hazrat Abu bakr(ra) stood up and said that Muhammad PBUH was just a messenger and messengers before him have passed away..Hazrat Umar (ra) is stated to not have enough power in his legs and fell down upon hearing this. Now, if there was any prophet before the holy prophet (PBUH) which was to come again, Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) should have said that.. nor did he say anything like that , neither any sahaaba had any problem accepting what he said. This was infact the first ijmaa of Ummah.

I will not bring anything from any scholar stating what their opinion is in this matter.. i will bring my arguments and you refute it based on your understanding or your ullama's understanding of the verses..

Surah Al Anam ayat 116
And if you obey most of those in the earth, they will lead you astray from Allah's way; they follow but conjecture and they only lie.

Quran is for everyone to read and understand.. just because some people agreed upon something does not make it truth.
my respected brother those Ulama u r talking about are the people of knowledge and the scholars of Islam please don`t talk about them like that may Allah love u Ameeeeeeen

the ulama sayings are based on many of Ahadeeth and verses of the Quraan and no one believes in Allah and his Messanger salla Allaho Alyhi Wa Sallam could dare lying on them or speaking of their own ...may Allah have mercy on them...

those Ahadeeth are the proofs of the returning of Isa salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam to earth and they are Sahih Ahadeeth my dear respected brother..:

1. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it is nearly time for the son of Maryam to descend upon you, to judge fairly. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and put an end to war. Wealth will increase so much that no-one will accept it, and one prostration to Allaah will be worth more than the world and all that is in it." Then Abu Hurayrah said: "Recite, if you wish: 'And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) but must believe in him ('Eesaa - as a human Messenger of Allaah) before his ('Eesaa's) death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he ('Eesaa) will be a witness against them." [Al-Nisaa' 3:159 - interpretation of the meaning].'"

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6/490, and Muslim, 2/189).

‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏إِسْحَاقُ ‏ ‏أَخْبَرَنَا ‏ ‏يَعْقُوبُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ‏ ‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏أَبِي ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏صَالِحٍ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏ابْنِ شِهَابٍ ‏ ‏أَنَّ ‏ ‏سَعِيدَ بْنَ الْمُسَيَّبِ ‏ ‏سَمِعَ ‏ ‏أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ ‏ ‏رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏
‏قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ ‏ ‏لَيُوشِكَنَّ أَنْ يَنْزِلَ فِيكُمْ ‏ ‏ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ ‏ ‏حَكَمًا عَدْلًا فَيَكْسِرَ الصَّلِيبَ وَيَقْتُلَ الْخِنْزِيرَ وَيَضَعَ ‏ ‏الْجِزْيَةَ ‏ ‏وَيَفِيضَ الْمَالُ حَتَّى لَا يَقْبَلَهُ أَحَدٌ حَتَّى تَكُونَ السَّجْدَةُ الْوَاحِدَةُ خَيْرًا مِنْ الدُّنْيَا وَمَا فِيهَا ثُمَّ يَقُولُ ‏ ‏أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ ‏ ‏وَاقْرَءُوا إِنْ شِئْتُمْ ‏
‏وَإِنْ مِنْ ‏ ‏أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ ‏ ‏إِلَّا لَيُؤْمِنَنَّ بِهِ قَبْلَ مَوْتِهِ وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ شَهِيدًا

صحيح البخاري , كتاب أحاديث الانبياء, 3192

‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ ‏ ‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏لَيْثٌ ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رُمْحٍ ‏ ‏أَخْبَرَنَا ‏ ‏اللَّيْثُ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏ابْنِ شِهَابٍ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏ابْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ ‏ ‏أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ ‏ ‏أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ ‏ ‏يَقُولُا ‏
‏قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ ‏ ‏لَيُوشِكَنَّ أَنْ يَنْزِلَ فِيكُمْ ‏ ‏ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏حَكَمًا ‏ ‏مُقْسِطًا ‏ ‏فَيَكْسِرَ الصَّلِيبَ وَيَقْتُلَ الْخِنْزِيرَ وَيَضَعَ ‏ ‏الْجِزْيَةَ ‏ ‏وَيَفِيضُ ‏ ‏الْمَالُ حَتَّى لَا يَقْبَلَهُ أَحَدٌ ‏
‏و حَدَّثَنَاه ‏ ‏عَبْدُ الْأَعْلَى بْنُ حَمَّادٍ ‏ ‏وَأَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ ‏ ‏وَزُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ ‏ ‏قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏سُفْيَانُ بْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حَدَّثَنِيهِ ‏ ‏حَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى ‏ ‏أَخْبَرَنَا ‏ ‏ابْنُ وَهْبٍ ‏ ‏قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي ‏ ‏يُونُسُ ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏حَسَنٌ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ ‏ ‏وَعَبْدُ بْنُ حُمَيْدٍ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏يَعْقُوبَ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ سَعْدٍ ‏ ‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏أَبِي ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏صَالِحٍ ‏ ‏كُلُّهُمْ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏الزُّهْرِيِّ ‏ ‏بِهَذَا الْإِسْنَادِ ‏ ‏وَفِي رِوَايَةِ ‏ ‏ابْنِ عُيَيْنَةَ ‏ ‏إِمَامًا ‏ ‏مُقْسِطًا ‏ ‏وَحَكَمًا عَدْلًا ‏ ‏وَفِي رِوَايَةِ ‏ ‏يُونُسَ ‏ ‏حَكَمًا عَادِلًا وَلَمْ يَذْكُرْ إِمَامًا ‏ ‏مُقْسِطًا ‏ ‏وَفِي حَدِيثِ ‏ ‏صَالِحٍ ‏ ‏حَكَمًا ‏ ‏مُقْسِطًا ‏ ‏كَمَا قَالَ ‏ ‏اللَّيْثُ ‏ ‏وَفِي حَدِيثِهِ مِنْ الزِّيَادَةِ وَحَتَّى تَكُونَ السَّجْدَةُ الْوَاحِدَةُ خَيْرًا مِنْ الدُّنْيَا وَمَا فِيهَا ‏ ‏ثُمَّ ‏ ‏يَقُولُا ‏ ‏أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ ‏ ‏اقْرَءُوا إِنْ شِئْتُمْ ‏
‏وَإِنْ مِنْ ‏ ‏أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ ‏ ‏إِلَّا لَيُؤْمِنَنَّ بِهِ قَبْلَ مَوْتِهِ ‏

صحيح مسلم, كتاب الايمان, 220

2. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) also reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "How will you be when 'Eesaa ibn Maryam descends to you and your leader is one of you?" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6/491, and Muslim, 2/193).

‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏ابْنُ بُكَيْرٍ ‏ ‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏اللَّيْثُ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏يُونُسَ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏ابْنِ شِهَابٍ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏نَافِعٍ ‏ ‏مَوْلَى ‏ ‏أَبِي قَتَادَةَ الْأَنْصَارِيِّ ‏ ‏أَنَّ ‏ ‏أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏
‏قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏كَيْفَ أَنْتُمْ إِذَا نَزَلَ ‏ ‏ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ ‏ ‏فِيكُمْ وَإِمَامُكُمْ مِنْكُمْ ‏
‏تَابَعَهُ ‏ ‏عُقَيْلٌ ‏ ‏وَالْأَوْزَاعِيُّ

صحيح البخاري ,كتاب أحاديث الانبياء ,3193

‏حَدَّثَنِي ‏ ‏حَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى ‏ ‏أَخْبَرَنَا ‏ ‏ابْنُ وَهْبٍ ‏ ‏أَخْبَرَنِي ‏ ‏يُونُسُ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏ابْنِ شِهَابٍ ‏ ‏قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي ‏ ‏نَافِعٌ ‏ ‏مَوْلَى ‏ ‏أَبِي قَتَادَةَ الْأَنْصَارِيِّ ‏ ‏أَنَّ ‏ ‏أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏
‏قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏كَيْفَ أَنْتُمْ إِذَا نَزَلَ ‏ ‏ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ ‏ ‏فِيكُمْ وَإِمَامُكُمْ مِنْكُمْ

صحيح مسلم, كتاب الايمان,222

Imaam Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Tafseer (7/223): "Mutawaatir ahaadeeth from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) describe how 'Eesaa ibn Maryam will descend before the Day of Judgement as a just leader and fair ruler."

تفسير القرأن العظيم, سورة النساء ,465

The reports about his descent are many and his descent is one of the major signs of the Hour and Allah says in his Glorious Noble Book:

[61] And he ('Isâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)) shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) (i.e. 'Isâ's (Jesus) descent on the earth) . Therefore have no doubt concerning it (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And follow Me (Allâh) (i.e. be obedient to Allâh and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islâmic Monotheism, leading to Allâh and to His Paradise)." Surat Azzukhruf

وَإِنَّهُ لَعِلْمٌ لِلسَّاعَةِ فَلَا تَمْتَرُنَّ بِهَا وَاتَّبِعُونِ ۚ هَٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُسْتَقِيمٌ (61)
سورة الزخرف

so this matter (the returning of Isa peace and blessings of Allah be uopn him ) is true and proved with the book of Allah Quraan and Sunnah and there is no doubt about it...

my respected brother Allah says:'" And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it). And fear Allâh; verily, Allâh is Severe in punishment." Surat Al Hashir ,verse 7

our prophet Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam said: “I do not want to see any one of you reclining on his couch and, when he hears of my instructions or prohibitions, saying ‘I don’t accept it; we didn’t find any such thing in the Book of Allaah.’” Abu ‘Eesaa said: This is a saheeh hasan hadeeth

Al-Tirmidhi reported it from Abu Raafi’ and others

(See Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Shaakir edition, no. 2663).

so , u got to take ur knowledge not only from Quraan but from both Quraan and Sunnah...

Al-Shaafi’i, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: “I do not know of anyone among the Sahaabah and Taabi’een who narrated a report from the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) without accepting it, adhering to it and affirming that this was sunnah. Those who came after the Taabi’een, and those whom we met did likewise: they all accepted the reports and took them to be sunnah, praising those who followed them and criticizing those who went against them. Whoever deviated from this path would be regarded by us as having deviated from the way of the Companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the scholars who followed them, and would be considered as one of the ignorant.

and as u see and read the scholars of Islam following Rasool Allah salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam my respected brother ...

may Allah guides us all forgives us and rewards us with the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeen

Wa Asslamao Alikum Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatuh

"قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ"

"Verily, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn"
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Proud Islamist

^sister, he is an ahamdi (kaffir) and not our Muslim brother

The Prophet sal-allahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE, Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE." [Relayed by Imam of Ahlus Sunnah - Ahmad ibn Hanbal - rahimahullah]
Old 08-07-2009, 07:34 PM

Sister Amat_Allah Assalam o Alaikum warahmatullah,
Yes indeed there are ahadith concerning Hazrat Eesa (AS) coming, but will he be coming to the world alive is the question. There are many verses in Quran stating Hazrat Eesa(AS)'s death, and thus the second coming of Eesa (AS) could mean someone amongst the ummah of Muhammad PBUH will get the title of Eesa (AS)..

Whether Hazrat Eesa (AS) was raised up alive or not is what the question is.

Please explain the following verses from Quran..
21:08 (09 for some).. "And We did not give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they to live for ever"

25:21 ( 20 for some )..And We never sent any Messengers before thee but surely they ate food and walked in the streets. And We make some of you a trial for others. Will you then be steadfast? And thy Lord is All- Seeing.

and then Quran says :

5:75(76 for some) The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; surely, Messengers like unto him had indeed passed away before him. And his mother was a truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the Signs for their good, and see how they are turned away.

in the last verse, it says.. Jesus (AS) and Mary both USED to eat food.. that means they no longer do. it would however make no sense for one of them (jesus AS) to be alive and Mary (AS) to be dead.. either they both are dead or both alive.. since in the last verse Allah is combining both of them and says that they BOTH used to eat food..

Please explain..
Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Proud Islamist

^quick comment before I blast you completely, insha'Allah: there is no need for you to play these little games. I already know what you want to prove and if I disapprove you, will you reject your kufr and embrace Islam? And if you disapprove Islam then we will accept your kufr and consider it as haqq. Are you up to this challenge?

The ahadith say Issa ibn Maryam (alayhi as-sallam) will come back again not Mirza ibn Chaarag Bibi. Can you bring a single hadith which says that Issa ibn Maryam (alayhi as-sallam) will come back in form of Mirza ibn Chaarah Bibi? In addition, your own dajjal prophet made 12 different claims about his nature of being messiah. Which one should we accept?

Last edited by salman; 08-08-2009 at 08:14 AM.