Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life

Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar...

This is a discussion on Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar... within the The Noble Companions & Scholars forums, part of the Islamic History and Biographies category; Assalaam o alaykum, Please feel free to post away stories of the 2 greatest men of this ummah (Abu Bakr & 'Umar) I'll post on ...

As-Salamu 'Alaykum (Peace be upon you)! Welcome to the Islamic-Life Forums

Islamic-Life Forums is a Muslim community dedicated to Islamic discussions, Islamic Dawah, Islamic articles, Islamic responses/refutations to Islamic misconceptions and Islamic-Life Forums presents correct understanding of Islamic way of life to both Muslims and Non-Muslims. You can also download free Islamic books, Islamic video and audio lectures, Islamic nasheeds. To gain full access to Islamic-Life Forums you must register for a free account. As a register member you will be able to:
  • Participate in discussions, start new topics and vote in polls
  • communicate privately with other members (PM)
  • upload books, nasheeds, pictures, videos etc. and help Islamic-Life staff with their Islamic projects
All this and much more is available to you absolutely for free when you register for an account, so join our community today! If you are unfamiliar with forums' features or a new visitor then find answers to your questions in our FAQ. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Islamic-Life - Bringing Dawah back to Life
Go Back   Islamic-Life Forums > Islamic Library > Islamic History and Biographies > The Noble Companions & Scholars

Tags
abu bakr , umar al-khattaab

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Way of life: Muslim
Default Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar...

Assalaam o alaykum,

Please feel free to post away stories of the 2 greatest men of this ummah (Abu Bakr & 'Umar)

I'll post on what I have/find:

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

‘Umar Remembers The Good Old Days With Allaah’s Messenger

One night ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab was on his night (security) patrol, when he saw a light and sound comming from a house. He looked in to find an old lady spinning wool and singing the following couplets:
“May Allaah accept the prayers of the pious and elite,

Seeking blessings for Muhammad (peace be upon him),

Allaahs Prophet, he worshipped each night, and he wept before the dawning of each day,

I wish to know if I could be together with my beloved (Prophet Muhammad (saw)),

For death comes in different states of minds, and I do not know how I shall die.”
‘Umar (ra), on hearing these lines, sat down weeping in love and memory of the Prophet (saw).

Source: ‘Umar Remembers The Good Old Days With Allaah’s Messenger The Authentic Base

Freemixing is haram. I would appreciate it if no ghair mahrams speak to me on this forum, Jazaakillaah

#ADS  
Ads

Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar...

‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Those Who Came Before You Were Destroyed Because…”

Places Their Prophets Prayed
It was narrated with a saheeh isnaad that ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab was on a journey and he saw people frequenting a place and praying there.

He asked, “What is this?”

They said, “A place where the Messenger of Allaah prayed.”

He said, “Those who came before you were destrpyed because of this. They took the places where their Prophets went as places of worship. If a person is there when the time for prayer comes, let him pray, otherwise let him move on.”

Ignoring The Divinely Revealed Book
It was narrated from ‘Amr Ibn Maymoon that his father said:

“A man came to ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab and said, ‘O Ameer al-Mu’mineen (Leader of the Believers), when we conquered Al-Madaa’in we found a book in which were some amazing words.’

He said, ‘From the Book of allaah?’

He said, ‘No.’

He called for his stick and started hitting him with it and reciting the words:

Alif-Lam-Ra. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]. These are the Verses of the Clear Book [the Qur'an that makes clear the legal and illegal things, legal laws, a guidance and a blessing]. Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an in order that you may understand. We relate unto you [Muhammad] the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Qur’an. And before this [i.e. before the coming of Divine Inspiration to you], you were among those who knew nothing about it [the Qur'an].“

[Qur'aan, Surah Yusuf (12), Verses 1-3]

Then he said, ‘Those who came before you werre destroyed because they turned to the books of their scholars and bishops, and ignored the Torah and Gospel, until they were neglected and the knowledge in them was lost.’ “

[Taken from 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, His Life And Times, By 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabi, Vol. I, Pp. 296-297 & 298]

Source: ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Those Who Came Before You Were Destroyed Because…” The Authentic Base

Freemixing is haram. I would appreciate it if no ghair mahrams speak to me on this forum, Jazaakillaah
Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar...

‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Now ask For What You Want”

‘Umar saw a begger asking people (for charity), with a sack full of foodstuff on his back. He took the food and gave it to the Zakah camels, then said to him, “Now as for what you want.”

[Taken from 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, His Life And Times, By 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabi, Vol. I, p. 287]

lol

Source: ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Now ask For What You Want” � The Authentic Base